I’m often asked by friends and family which rental car company they should book in Vancouver. The answer isn’t always straightforward, but here are a few of my favorite resources and strategies for booking a rental car there.
List of car rentals companies in Vancouver
In the list below, you’ll find all of the car rental companies in turo in vancouver. We’ve organized them by city and airport so that you can choose which one is most convenient for your needs.
What to look for in a rental car in Vancouver
- What to look for in a rental car
- What to avoid
- In Vancouver, a good car will have:
- A decent size engine, so it’s not sluggish when you need to merge or pass someone. For example, the Nissan Altima Sedan SE has an estimated 4-cylinder engine of 2.5 liters. This is great because it can power through traffic with ease and also help save on gas costs by giving you more miles per gallon than other cars in its class (24 city/30 highway). It also comes standard with Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to stream music from your phone through your speakers!
How to choose the right size car for your needs
- Size. When choosing the right size car, it’s important to consider the number of passengers who will be riding with you and what luggage you’ll be bringing along. Not all vehicles can fit as much stuff as others. It’s also worth considering how much driving you’ll do during your stay in Vancouver. If you’re planning on sightseeing frequently, opting for a smaller vehicle can save money on gas while still giving everyone enough leg room to get around comfortably even with lots of baggage onboard (and if any passengers need help lifting their bags into or out of the car).
- Trunk capacity. The trunk is where larger items like suitcases go when not stored inside the cab—so make sure that whatever car model you choose has ample space back there!
- Backseat capacity: While some people may see this aspect as secondary to trunk space, don’t underestimate how much time could be spent riding in a vehicle’s backseat—particularly when traveling with family members who have different tastes in music than yours…
Why renting a car in Vancouver is a good idea
Renting a car in Vancouver can be a great way to get around. The city is big, spread out, and full of sights that you’ll want to see.
Renting a car in Vancouver can also be pretty expensive, so you should carefully consider whether or not renting is really the best option for your trip. Here are some reasons why renting may be worth it for you:
- You want to drive across the border into Washington State without having to worry about buying gas or paying tolls on bridges that charge by distance driven instead of height like they do on either side of the border (if you’re unfamiliar with this practice, don’t worry—it’s not too difficult).
- You’ve got somewhere specific in mind that’s far away from downtown Vancouver but doesn’t require driving up some super steep hillside or onto an unstable gravel road (see above).
On the other hand, here are some reasons why maybe renting isn’t worth it:
Avoiding scams at the rental counter
- Make sure you know the rental company’s policies.
- Check the rental car’s condition before you drive off.
- Check the rental car’s odometer.
- Check the rental car’s paperwork (insurance, license plate, etc.). If there is any discrepancy between what was promised and what is given, ask for an explanation and don’t be afraid to walk away if necessary!
- Check the fuel level of your vehicle before taking off from any counter; it may not have been properly filled by mistake or even intentionally!
Making reservations and choosing the right location
There are many things you can do to prepare for your trip to Vancouver, but one of the most important steps is booking your rental car in advance. By reserving a car before you leave home, you can ensure that your rental is ready for pick up at the time and location of your choosing. Plus, knowing that a particular make and model will be waiting for you gives peace of mind—especially if this is your first time driving in Canada or another country.
Getting around Vancouver means renting a vehicle from Emerald City: we have vehicles available at all our locations throughout Metro Vancouver. Whether it’s downtown or Burnaby, Surrey or Langley – Emerald City provides convenient locations so there’s no hassle finding us! If travel plans change while on vacation then Emerald City has various insurance options available on their website as well as through many other major travel agencies like Travelocity.
Consider these tips while planning your trip to Vancouver.
Renting a car is a good idea because you can get around the city easily. Vancouver’s public transit system is extensive, but it covers only part of the city. If you want to explore beyond those areas, renting a car is ideal.
Renting a car is also useful if you need to get to any airports in the area for an early flight or pick up a rental car return at another location. Vancouver has two major airports: Vancouver International Airport (YVR) and Abbotsford International Airport (YXX). The latter is closer to Downtown Vancouver than YVR, which makes it easier if your flight arrives early in the morning or later in the evening when transportation options may be limited at YVR due to high traffic volume on major highways leading into downtown
Now that you know the basics of getting a rental car in Vancouver, it’s time to start planning your trip! It’s easy to get distracted by all the amazing things there are do in this beautiful city, but before you head out on your adventure make sure you check out our full list of recommended places to visit. You might also want to check out some of other blogs about transportation in Vancouver and nearby cities such as Whistler or Victoria for even more great ideas!